Monday, December 7, 2015

Extension Reflection

Bioengineering, Tiritiri Matangi, Treaty Of Waitangi.. What else could there be!? It's been a really cool journey in extension and there's been some really cool stuff we've learnt this year as well. I would definitely miss extension as I head off to college next year.


Treaty Of Waitangi

To start off our year @ extension, we kicked off with learning about the treaty of waitangi.  Our task was to all make a document in groups and start researching about the history behind the treaty and why we have it. Once we had all the information, we had to gather it all together in a movie. Ana, Jordenne and I made a movie based on our knowledge of the treaty of waitangi. My highlight for this task was being able to co-operate with my group in making this movie such as sharing different ideas and even working with our new extension teacher, Mrs Lagitupu.



TOW JJA from Team 5 PES on Vimeo.


Tiritiri Matangi / Department Of Conservation 

Are you interested in birds? or even bizarre ones? Luck for us, because the extension also had the chance of learning about tiritiri matangi and the department of conservation. Unfortunately, during the process of research we found out that some of the species there are endangered. Our task was to create a home, or a model to help those endangered species so that they will no longer be endangered.
Josephine Biodiversity from Team 5 PES on Vimeo.


Bioengineering 
Our last project of the year happened to be very fun and cool to learn about. Why? Because through all our research we found out some very interesting facts about the things that happen, can happen, or will happen to your body. Thats right! We learn about bioengineering. Bioengineering, is another word for biological engineering. This can help you through severe injuries. Our task was to partner up, and create a presentation with all the evidence of our learning from our research. We even had a few discussion about the ethical and non ethical use of bioengineering.

Josephine and Jordenne from Team 5 PES on Vimeo.

Extension this year has been a huge journey for me here at Point England School. I've been in extension for about 4 years now and I have very much enjoyed all the different things we've learnt about. Extension places a huge part in my years at Point England school and I hope it does place a part in my years next year.

Also a huge thank you to my teachers who made it possible for me. Mrs Lagitupu and Mrs Tele'a xx Faafetai Lava

No comments:

Post a Comment