Thursday, March 28, 2013

Omaru Creek Testing!

Over the past days , my literacy class has been investigating the streams, Pond and colvert and we hae found out so many things!

 photo IMG_0459.jpg photo IMG_0465.jpg

 photo IMG_0467.jpg

Testing Omaru Creek for -


I am going to find out:  The turbidity of the water also what are differences between the colour.


I am going to test this by: By dipping a plain white sheet into the water to try and see the differences between the colour. I am also going to test the turbidity by putting the water into the jar and try and focusing on the water.


Resources and equipment: four Jars & a Bucket & a 4  White clean sheets.




Smell:
I predict that: That  the sea water would be the most “turbid” because you can hardly see the salt!

I think this because:


Prediction
Observation
Sea water
Smelly, Salty & most of all .... Dead fish.
Salty , Fishes, Clay & Sand!
Tap water
Fresh & Clear!
Fresh & clear also like a clean stream.
Omaru Creek water by culvert
Yucky & would smell like Gas!
Gas, Oxygen weed and garbage.
Omaru Creek water by bridge
Oxygen weed , catfishes & tadpoles.
Oxygen weed, catfishes and tadpoles, also  rotten plants.




My conclusion (what I found out): Investigating the smell I found out that  “ducks eat the oxygen weed all though it still smells like it!


Colour:
I predict that: The colvert water would


I think this because:




Prediction
Observation
Sea water
clear and see through!
Clear but a  tint of murky grey!
Tap water
Clean ,Clear & reflecting!                                                                                                                                                                                                    
Reflecting & cLEAR
Omaru Creek water by culvert
Black and Grey!
Murky grey and green!
Omaru Creek water by bridge
MUrky and a tint of green!
Pale lemonade and tint of grey.
My conclusion (what I found out):I found out that each day the water changes!



Turbidity:

Prediction
Observation
Sea water
I thought it was grey
It was actually clear!
Tap water
I think it goign to be clen
acutally it was CLean and clear
Omaru Creek water by culvert
Foggy and a tint of murky grey!
In reality it was “clear:”
Omaru Creek water by bridge
I thought it was velvet green.
It turned out to be really blurry!

My conclusion (what I found out): I found out that sometimes the turbidity changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment